How to get to Vueltas/Valle Gran Rey
Our OCEANO office is situated near the harbour in Vueltas/Valle Gran Rey, in the South-West of the island of La Gomera. The harbour of Vueltas is also the starting point for our Whale Watching boat excursions.
We recommend the full transfer Service from the Airport to Valle Gran Rey with our Partner Autobuses Mesa.
1. Step: from the airport of Tenerife South to the harbour of Los Cristianos (Tenerife)
You have two options how to get to the ferry harbour of Los Cristianos from Tenerife South (Reina Sofia), from where you will continue your journey to Valle Gran Rey:
1. Option: by taxi
You can catch a taxi right outside the airport building, keeping to your right hand side. Just tell the taxi driver you would like to go to „Ferry Gomera“ or „El puerto de Los Cristianos“. Quite often it is possible to share a taxi with other travellers also headed to the ferry. The same applies for the way back from the ferry to the airport.
The price for the taxi ride is about 25 €, and it takes about 20 min.
2. option: by bus no. 111
You can take the bus no. 111 (a green bus run by the company TITSA) towards Los Cristianos/ Las Americas, leaving right in front of the airport building (look out for the light green bus stop sign). After a bus ride of about 20 min, you get off at the bus terminal of Los Cristianos (span. „Intercambiador“). There, you can either catch a taxi to the harbour (env. 5 min) or go by foot (env. 20 min).
The price for a bus ticket is env. 2,40 € per person, and env. 8 € for the taxi.
The bus no. 111 leaves the Airport every half hour.
2. Step: from the harbour of Los Cristianos/Tenerife to San Sebastian/La Gomera:
There are two ferry lines going from the harbour of Los Cristianos/Tenerife to San Sebastian/La Gomera.
1. Option: Fred Olsen ferry line: Benchijigua Express
The Fred Olsen Benchijigua Express connects Los Cristianos and San Sebastian 3 times a day and takes about 50 min. Tickets can be bought the same day at the harbour of Los Cristianos, a one-way ticket is about 35,– €. Please enquire for discounts for children, students and old-age pensioners. If you choose this option, you can buy your ticket directly to Valle Gran Rey, as you can continue your journey from San Sebastian in another Fred Olsen ferry.
2. Option: Naviera Armas ferry line
Naviera Armas also connects Los Cristianos and San Sebastian 3 times a day (except for weekends, where there are less connections). Their ferries are a bit slower (env. 1 hour), but also a bit cheaper: a one-way ticket is about 30 €. Tickets can be bought the same day at the harbour of Los Cristianos, please enquire for discounts for children, students and old-age pensioners.
3. Step: from San Sebastian to Valle Gran Rey
There are again several possibilities how to get to Valle Gran Rey from the harbour of San Sebastian:
1. Option: by bus no. 1 (leaving from the harbour of San Sebastian):
Price for a one-way ticket about 5,00 €, time of travel env. 1.5h.
2. Option: by taxi
Price About 65,00 €, time of travel about 1 – 1.5h. Tip: It may be possible to share the taxi with other travellers headed in the same direction!
3. Option: by rental car
We are happy to book a rental car for you, please enquire about our current prices (env. 30/35€/day). The car can be rented for one or more days, and you can return it either in San Sebastian or in Valle Gran Rey.
- No responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided, prices and timetables may change at short notice!
- We do not recommend to Travel on Sundays as the ferry schedule is reduced.
- On bank holidays and at the turn of the year, modifications in the bus and ferry timetables are to be expected. Ferry timetables may change several times a year. Please check the current timetables with us or via via internet shortly before your trip.
- In the “links” section of our homepage you may also find all the relevant links with useful information for your trip.